Youth Career Training and Mentoring
We have trained or certified hundreds of youth and adults in STEM areas such as Computer Skills, A+ and ETA, OSHA, Hazardous Materials, Solar Technician, Green Jobs and Technical Skills. At Computer Village we work with partners that are experienced and committed to producing real and positive results.
"In today's knowledge-based economy, what you earn depends on what you learn. Jobs in the information technology sector, for example, pay 85% more than the private sector average."
Track 1: Computer Technology
- Hardware / Networking: Hands on instruction on computer networking and hardware using our "Computer Build" program.
- Software: Participants learn how to use various software that is used in today's work environment.
- Web Design: Using the W3 Schools to build HTML5 websites.
- Game Design: Instruction on the basics of game design. Students will create and design computer games.
- Audio Visual Technicians: Participants learn about networking, sound and video reinforcement.
- Digital Music and Art: Students learn how to create digital art, photography and music recoding.
- CG Animation: Students learn how to create computer generated images and avitars using stop-motion animation.
Track 2: Technical and Engineering
- Robotics: Robotics combines the fields of engineering, computer science, math, problem solving and logical reasoning.
- 3-D Printing and CAD: Participants learn CAD software applications in combination with learning to operate a 3-D printer.
- Technical Drawing: Participants learn about AUTOCAD, the basics of blueprints, reading technical schematics, construction drawings and applied math.
Track 3: Environmental Technology
- PV Solar Collector Systems: Solar panel installer, and Solar System Technician 1 and 2.
- Green Technology / OSHA Training: Participants learn about renewable energy, recycling center operator, OSHA 10, 30 and 40 training. This includes cards from DOL.
- Industrial Safety Awareness: Safety training for general industry. Training approved by the National Safety Board.
- BIO Fuels: Introduction to Bio Fuel Technology, Bio diesel and basic engine applications, and Bio Fuels Technician I.
- Sustainable Agriculture: Traing in the following, Soil science, Organic Urban Farming Techniques, Hydroponics and Aquaponics.